«The midnight performance offered by the duo delivered on expectations, delivering on FIMAV’s massive sound system to offer a intense, physical audiovisual performance. […] this beast stands out even more in a live setting.» -Mes Enceintes Font Défaut (CA) 2019
«No matter what it is, Political Ritual plays it with sheer intensity and delivers a most powerful record. […] I am sure if a riot needed a soundtrack this duo could play one.» – VITAL WEEKLY (NL) 2018
«Given how difficult it is to break new ground in this field, credit is due to Corbeil-Perron and Morin for a unique amalgam that is somehow both fresh and familiar. Strong recommendation.» -Avant-Music News (USA) 2018
Somewhere between cosmic minimal techno, hardcore noise and abstract sound art, Political Ritual’s dark drones form hypnotic mantras and cathartic crescendos through transcendent improvisations driven by pummeling beats and ethereal synth modulations. In an effort to push the boundaries of live audiovisual performance, these improvisers integrate analogue modular synthesis, invented instruments, prepared cello and traditional instruments. Backed by an array of highly contrasted of both meditative and stroboscopic video projections, Political Ritual craft a unique A/V experience.
Political Ritual is a live A/V duo comprised of Maxime Corbeil-Perron and Félix-Antoine Morin. They’ve released music on labels such as Kohlenstoff Records and Ambiances Magnétiques. They’ve presented live music at renowned experimental and electronic music festivals, such as Mutek, Suoni per Il Popolo and Festival International de Musique Actuelle de Victoriaville (FIVAV).
Listen to the last LP album here:
«the brilliance of the work became evident» Chain DLK (USA)
«genuine experiences» Musicworks (CA)
«No matter what it is, Political Ritual plays it with sheer intensity and delivers a most powerful record. […] I am sure if a riot needed a soundtrack this duo could play one.» – VITAL WEEKLY (NL)
«Given how difficult it is to break new ground in this field, credit is due to Corbeil-Perron and Morin for a unique amalgam that is somehow both fresh and familiar. Strong recommendation.» -Avant-Music News (USA)
«The ‘politics’ of Political Ritual remain somewhat unclear, but its ambiguity is addictive.” Stray Landings» – Stray Landing (UK)
«Il représente une expérience musicale pratiquement inqualifiable» -Mes Enceintes Font Défaut CA)
«C’est une musique dense, qui se développe par couches, en construisant des espaces gigantesques… 4/5» -Voir (CA)
«The midnight performance offered by the duo delivered on expectations, delivering on FIMAV’s massive sound system to offer a intense, physical audiovisual performance. […] this beast stands out even more in a live setting.» -Mes Enceintes Font Défaut, Canada, 2019
« the electroacoustic duo called Political Ritual seemed to mirror turbulent times with its program combining visual art in black and white with dense layers of sound. It was a noisy hour with Maxime Corbeil-Perron using synthesizers, objects, and computer and Félix-Antoine Morin playing prepared cello, invented instruments, and oscillators to propel a sound that was dense and over time had a hypnotic effect. They played two half-hour pieces, closing with an arresting image of a tornado and the distant sound of a siren.» -Avant-Music News, USA, 2019
«Political Ritual, the duo of Maxime Corbeil-Perron and Felix-Antoine Morin closed Thursday’s program with the world premiere of music composed and improvised upon for a new visual projection. Coarse and granular, the music was beautifully textured and unbearably loud.» -All About Jazz, USA, 2019
– 2019, May 16th @ midnight, Political Ritual @ Festival International de Musique Actuelle de Victoriaville, Qc, Can FB event
– 2017 december 14, concert / album launch P o l i t i c a l R i t u a l, Ambiances magnétiques, Sala Rossa, Montréal
– 2017 October 24, Gesù, Montréal
– 2017, June 11 @ Suoni Per Il Popolo Fest, Fb event : https://www.facebook.com/events/1740495142933530/
– 2016, 4 juin 21h POLITICAL RITUAL Live @ MUTEK 2016, Musée d’art contemporain de Montréal
– 2015, July 18th 21h, w/ Political Ritual, La Rack Galerie, 3714 Rue Notre-Dame Ouest, Montréal FB event
– 2015, July 23th 21h, DANGER MUSIC 2 w/ Political Ritual set, Bar Pub St-Denis, 6966 Rue Saint-Denis, Montréal FB event
– 2015, July 1st 12-2pm, Political Ritual live session at CKUT “If You Got Ears“, Montreal
– 2015, june 16th 20h, Kohlenstoff show at the Suoni Per Il Popolo, La Vitrola, 4602 Boul St-Laurent, Montréal, QC FB event
– 2015, June 1st 20h, Political Ritual set w/ Kohlenstoff & Jeunesse Cosmique artists, Bar Pub St-Denis, Montreal FB event
– 2015, February 27th, 20h, Political Ritual live at the patinoire soundsystem of Parc Lafontaine, Montréal
– 2015, march 2nd, Island Frequencies series, Political Ritual & Kohlenstoff artists, Sala Rossa (resto), Montreal
– 2014, 19 décembre, le Réacteur, soirée art sonore, MTL.
– 2014, 26 avril 20h, concert Kohlenstoff, La Plante , Montreal
A consortium of heavy and dissonant drones and kinetic videos, Paysage Primitif brings together visual artist Guillaume Vallée and musicians Line Katcho, Maxime Corbeil-Perron, Jean-François Blouin, Guillaume Cliche and Félix-Antoine Morin, members of local exploratory emeritus collective Kohlenstoff.
Paysage Primitif regroupe l’artiste visuel Guillaume Vallée et les musicien.ne.s Line Katcho, Maxime Corbeil-Perron, Jean-François Blouin, Guillaume Cliche et Félix-Antoine Morin, parts de l’émérite collectif exploratoire local Kohlenstoff.
Facebook page :